Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pairings


The holidays are just around the corner. And with this cold weather reminding us of that fact, I thought I’d give all of you some dessert ideas. I thought about coming up with an amazing recipe (that includes Bliss Organic Ice Cream) that would knock your socks off. But in reality, we’re all so different that I’m not sure I could come up with one that EVERYONE would love. Instead I have a list of desserts that you might like or be serving for the holidays PAIRED with my ice cream. You would be surprised what a nice complement ice cream can be to any dessert, especially when you put flavors that are unique together. Of course it goes without saying that vanilla goes with just about everything! So, here are some ideas…. if you have some of your own, let me know so I can try them!

Pumpkin pie and ginger ice cream
Bread pudding with rum sauce and vanilla ice cream
Pecan shortbread cookies with honey lavender ice cream smothered in caramel sauce (my personal favorite)
Warm, chocolate brownies with chocolate candy cane ice cream
Molten lava cake with chocolate ice cream
Hot spiced buttered rum with vanilla ice cream
Pound cake, balsamic strawberry sauce, basil chiffonade and strawberry ice cream
Holiday meringue cookies with chocolate mint chip ice cream
Pineapple upside down cake with coconut chocolate chip ice cream
Blueberry pie with lemon blueberry ice cream
Sweet potato pie with ginger ice cream
Apple pie, a slice of cheddar cheese and honey lavender ice cream
Tres Leches cake with coffee ice cream


(photo courtesy of www.countryliving.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment