Thursday, July 29, 2010

I'm not sorry.

Bliss Organic Ice Cream did a demo this past weekend – it’s an event at a store where we hand out free samples of our wonderful product and hope consumers will be so taken back by the flavor that they immediately fall in love and buy up every last pint in the freezer.
While handing out samples, I was quite surprised at how many people stopped, looked at me and asked, “Is this a dairy product…. Yes? Oh, I don’t eat dairy”. There are so many people who are not eating dairy for so many different reasons, which I respect. I found myself saying “Sorry, this is a dairy ice cream” often. But, really, should I be sorry? I wish I had the perfect product that everyone would fall in love with and eat everyday. I wish I could provide a product that would make everyone happy. Having an ice cream that is dairy, with sugar, immediately takes away many of my potential consumers. But, I am not sorry that my ice cream is made with milk and cream. Deep down, I know it’s the best organic ice cream I have ever tasted. I’ll share it with whoever wants to try, and I’ll continue to conduct more free ice cream tastings and tell everyone I meet how wonderful my organic ice cream is. And maybe someday, I’ll have a product that will appeal to everybody – even if they are dairy-free – because I just want everyone to be happy.

1 comment:

  1. you do make so many people happy with your amazing ice cream!

    ReplyDelete